Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Legendary Lady Dior

The Lady Dior bag is, in my opinion, the most classically feminine bag. Made famous by the late Princess Diana, it was presented to her as a gift by former French First Lady when she paid her a visit in Paris. Apparently, it was love at first sight and she reportedly ordered the bag in every color and style. She was subsequently photographed carrying the bag on many significant occasions.
Launched in September 1995, Dior then gave this new model the graceful name Lady Dior, as the bag has become synonymous with the world's most photographed woman.
Available in lambskin, patent leather and exotic skins such as snake and crocodile, the Lady Dior bag features Dior's signature Cannage stitching- a geometric pattern inspired by the Napoleon III chairs once used by Christian Dior in the 1940s- and D.I.O.R charms; described as "a luxurious detail with a feminine and mischievous signature".
Honestly, the Lady Dior is not the most practical bag due to its small opening with metal zipper potentially scratching your watch or jewellery. But I really don't mind owning one just so I can admire it everyday.
If I can have my way, I would want a Lady Dior in Beige quilted patent with gold hardware; a red in quilted lambskin with gold hardware and a Large Lady Dior in black quilted lambskin with silver hardware for everyday use. And the ultimate holy grail of Lady Dior in luxurious crocodile skin with gold hardware in any pastel shade. I could go on forever with this iconic bag.
For now, I'd just have to contend with having the Lady Dior Compact which doubles up as a bag charm.
Prices start from $3330.

Image: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive